Thursday, November 3, 2011

Lookin' back on the first MP, yo.

Beginning of the M.P to now? Compare the two? All there is to say is: WOW.
If you read one of the previously posted,(...well, posts) it's extremely easy to compare my attendance record.
If I were to even show up to Art class, I'd be about 15-20 minutes late, every time. But lately I've been a whole new me! Iv'e been on time to class (almost) every day, if not early. That itself has been a wild experience.
         Apart from the attendance aspect of art, I love and hate this class.
It's not the class I hate, I'm lying. It's my own aggravation at what my hands produce throughout the slim 45 minutes I have to release myself. I always feel pressed for time though, and like I'm trying to gain someone's approval through what I make. Of course I desire approval and positive criticism, but that's not why I make art, and I don't think anyone should make art for that reason only. It should be about calming ones self and expression. Which I love doing in this class. 
People need to appreciate more in life, and just slow down and notice things. I'm glad I'm learning to do this in art.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't let this little gem of an insight go by without acknowlegement...You said: People need to appreciate more in life, and just slow down and notice things. Hmmm..You've got some wisdom wrapped up inside you and I do believe you're also demonstrating the gratitude for it, not just out to Zach, but inwardly to yourself. I'm really proud of you.

    ReplyDelete