Thursday, January 19, 2012

-Insert witty title about collages here-

When we were first told of this assignment, I knew I'd have no problem. I'm all about metaphors and junk! And, low and behold, I was right. This project was only difficult in timing, because it seems to be a habit of mine to not be satisfied with my artwork, even when it's done and graded. I have, unfortunately, no pictures or the creative process, but just the finished "portrait". So, I suppose I'll just list the things that were incorporated into the collage.
-Dark vs light, light overpowering the dark in the end. The light was all earthy tones.
-A letter describing muhself, written from a genius. I had re-written the letter onto tissue paper, ripped it up, and used colored glue to change the appearance. I also had re-written a few journal entries shared between a friend and I.
-A "hot glue tree", painted with brown glue, and other color splashes. The tree had faded from black to brown. It also had lyrics of a song glued to bits of it.
-PRODUCTIVITY is a BIG thing to Alexis. So, that was the final addition to the piece. 


I am honored to have my collage on the school's website, also! (I have no other photo, for now) :3


I didn't have much to say about this process or finished project. I try to intertwine symbolism into everything I do, so this wasn't a very new experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment