Thursday, January 19, 2012

SNAP! Back to reality....I mean...my portrait.

What, don't like Eminem?

Did you know that I wrote this exact post TWICE now, and it got deleted both times? :D
Yeah. I'm angry. So, on behalf of my anger, this post may be...well, crappy. My apologies.

The last time I made an actual art post was..hmm...LAST YEAR!...(technically).

I left you off, dear adventurer, at a point of confusion. I was in a state of frustration at my colors an poor shading abilities. Now I must say, while the brown I had worked with worked wonders for my eyes, (see left) it just wasn't giving me the relief I desperately needed. Mrs. Kiick, upon noticing my frustration and desperation to catch up to the rest of the class, had something else in mind for me, and let me do what no other student was doing- a "dash of color" (Black, white, and one other color of no relevance). This was much more my style, and let me breath a little bit easier. Though I have no pictures of the finished project at hand, I have a few of the portrait while it was rearing it's end. 

Before inking, 
with the original picture
< -


After inking    - >


The end result, I cannot say I was fully satisfied with, but I feel I'm as close as I'll get. The criticism from my peers was enough to settle my nerves for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment