Friday, October 7, 2011

Credits.

It seems as though I'm probably going to no longer receive credits for this Art course, if I'm even aloud to stay in it. I go to the class about 2 out of 5 schooldays it seems, and of those two days, I am on time to neither. This isn't because of lack of interest. I very much enjoy my class, and love expressing myself.
    Why else would you join an art class?
All I can really say in the matter is that I have no desire to be dropped. I wish I had enough will power to get to school on time. Yet, like I have said, this art class is helping me discover myself. I've discovered what I already had known: I am lazy and have almost no self motivation. I am aware I will be dropped. I am aware I don't want to be absent from class or tardy every day. I am aware I get into trouble with the school, my father, and those who care enough to show interest. Yet I still don't show up to one of my favorite classes, only because of the early hour.
    Though I'm not present enough to finish a simple drawing of fruit, Im absent enough to know that I am a symbol of irrresponsibility. And I know myself well enough to know that this pattern isn't going to stop.

1 comment:

  1. Your honesty is refreshing and for that, I do give you credit. Ever since having you in class in middle school (I loved the still life drawing you did and the abstraction of it) - I was hoping our paths would cross again...and this year they did!
    I don't want you to be dropped from the class either. Can we come up with a creative solution? Perhaps I am more optomistic, but I actually do believe that patterns can change. You have a lot to offer and I'd miss not seeing it.

    ReplyDelete