Monday, October 24, 2011

The dates and times on Blogger are completely schtupid.

Based solely on the fact that the pictures I have taken of my art are not all filling my mailbox in the order the art was created, this blog is out of order.
For now, I jump to the topic of TECHNOLOGY. 


~Technology is defined as: the making, usage, and knowledge of tools, machines, techniques, crafts, systems, or methods of organization in order to solve a problem or perform a specific function.
     BUT!
Technology is defined by myself as: something that society can no longer go a day without. 
Almost everything is now functioned based on it. It's as if people have wires instead of veins these days.
   So, when we were told we needed to do an assignment on our own by the end of the marking period, theme being Technology, it was a struggle to wrap my mind around one idea for this task.
   Though it was planned to be a whole new post entirely, I suppose I'll just say in a simple manner now: I like my art to have deeper meaning than what it appears to have. For example, some pages for my book were emotions cast into the running watercolors, and the decision to draw the apple browning represented how my failure in getting to class had effected not only my grade, but my character. 
   Thus, with the topic being technology, and a blank canvas in mind to do with whatever I please, I had thought long and hard. Until eventually, I finally thought what I feel will be a great art accomplishment on my own part.
   I will be drawing a cell phone, graciously lent to me by someone very special. The cellphone looks like a basic modern phone: screen and buttons all visible at once. The phone, when recreated, will be protruded by the blade of a knife, cracks through the screen, and a puddle of blood developing underneath. Let your mind wander with that one. I admit, I am very very excited to see the outcome of this plan.
                              The cell phone, taken at different angles:




Thanks again, Zach, for letting me use your cell phone time & time again for art :3

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still emanating the essence of my jeans pocket.

    ReplyDelete